The People’s March is organized by Carolina Peace Center intended for all members of the community to attend.
Are there things you would like to change in your community, your state, or your country?
If the answer is “YES” then you should make a “voting plan”! We will have the information you need to make a PLAN TO VOTE, whether you vote absentee, vote at “one stop” Early Voting, or on Election Day!
With the legislation that has been enabled over the past two years especially, while we have watched—and in some cases participated in—the fall of our democratic republic, it is imperative that we take to the streets and use our ballots for change! The People’s March on Oct.13 in starting at Raleigh City Plaza at 11:30 am and ending at Bicentennial Plaza for a rally that will end at 2:30 pm.
Early Voting starts Wed., Oct. 17, and ends on Saturday, Nov. 3.
At “one-stop” Early Voting you can register and vote at the same time! You can look up the Early Voting locations in your county on the NCSBE website https://vt.ncsbe.gov/ossite/
Bring a friend, bring a neighbor, bring anyone you can—because our voices DO matter. Why vote?
1) Our votes matter. We would not have so many legislators trying to control who gets to vote and how through gerrymandering and voting restrictions if our votes did not matter.
2) We are electing local, state, and federal officials. The majority of the government is NOT made up of the president, and judges are the ones who can help or hinder a law from being ruled constitutional.
3) It is our civic duty to care for our rights and the rights of our fellow residents through using our vote.
4) Policies impact us on a very real level. Remember the “bathroom bill”? It wasn’t just about bathrooms—it keeps people from suing against employment discrimination based in identity issues.
5) Our collective voice is loud. It takes each one of us.
We hope to see you at the polls, and we hope you will march with us on Oct.13. This is a family friendly, open event. Please share widely!
All interested groups and organizations are encouraged to set up tables at our rally at be Bicentennial Mall and provide information related to voting, volunteering and canvassing.
We will gather at the City Plaza in downtown Raleigh. The march will begin promptly at 11:30 am, and end at Bicentennial Mall for the rally. The rally will end at 2:30 pm. We will have community activist speakers, and voting information. We look forward to seeing you there!
IMPORTANT VOTING DATES:
Oct. 12 – deadline to register to vote on Election Day**.
Oct. 17 – early voting starts.
Oct. 30 -absentee ballot request deadline.
Nov. 3 – early voting ends.
Nov. 6 – Election Day!
**Deadline has been extended to Oct. 15
in certain counties damaged by Hurricane Florence
Participation and Rules:
Please follow all rules, as established by city and state departments:
This event is for all people of all backgrounds. We welcome everyone to participate in this event.
All signs, banners, or flyers must be hand-held and may not be attached to any stakes or poles. Nothing larger than 3’ x 3’ will be allowed.
Marchers will walk on sidewalks only – spaced out, preferably two people side by side, without interference of local businesses and city buildings. All traffic walk cycles/signals should be followed, as well as direction from local law enforcement.
No tables, chairs, or podiums are allowed on the sidewalk at any time.
Tables are allowed with chairs at the Bicentennial Mall. Please message us to reserve a spot for your group.
The event is being organized by Carolina Peace Center
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates, news, tool kits, and action items from our team.