Yesterday we talked about Michael Moore’s recommendation to call your representatives everyday. A Wake County Democratic Party precinct chair shared with us more details of his speech with some twists appropriate to North Carolina.
To Do List (Real Things You Can Do) – North Carolina Edition
Before you begin: Look up who your representatives are – from your town council to US Senator at North Carolina Voter Search. Ballotpedia also has an updated list of the entire North Carolina delegation to Congress. It’s a great tool to use to see what committees they are involved in and issues that they are working on.
- “Call US Congress every single day…Brush your teeth, make the coffee, walk the dog (if you have a cat, stare at it and call Congress.”
- Use 202-225-3121 to reach any member of the House of Representatives.
- NC Senators:
- Contact details for North Carolina General Assembly:
- Join! Join! Join! (Just to name a few…) “Let’s make these groups…Yyuuuggee!” – Michael Moore
- Create a Rapid Response Team of your friends and family. Email, text or call them to remind them to vote, pending court cases, decisions being made on The Hill and at the NCGA.
- (If you are a Democrat), Take over the Democratic Party. This is a long conversation, but if you are interested in learning more, message us and we’ll put you in touch with the right local people.
- Blue States/Counties/Cities… we are going to look to you. Form your Region of Resistance. Lead and create laws to show what normal should look like.
- Run for Office. This can be as a politician AND within your political party. One of the strongest positions within a party is being a Precinct Officer and/or Delegate! If you live in Wake County and are a Democrat, Annual Precinct Meetings will be taking place February 22 through March 8, 2017. For more information: http://www.wakedems.org/home