Breaking story happened Tuesday evening concerning repeated contacts between Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to the New York Times.
- American law enforcement and intelligence agencies have been investigating the Democratic National Committee hacking and any possible connection to the Trump campaign and Russia
- During the investigation, communications between members of Trump’s presidential campaign, Trump associates and Russian intelligence officials were discovered.
- The intercepts alarmed American intelligence and law enforcement agencies, in part because of the amount of contact that was occurring while Trump was speaking glowingly about Vladimir Putin.
- Investigations by the House and Senate Intelligence Committees on Capitol Hill into Russian interference in the election, the actions of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn and inappropriate contact between the Trump campaign and Russian intelligence are gaining momentum.
Calls to Action:
- Call Senator Burr, chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, to follow through on his pledge with Senator Mark Warner to deepen the Senate Intelligence Committee’s investigation of Russian involvement in the 2016 presidential election. Ask Senator Burr to examine any contacts between Trump campaign officials and the Russian government. In addition, Michael Flynn should be called to testify in these investigations.
- Raise visibility on social media by sharing the following tweets:
- .@SenatorBurr Please put country over party! Thoroughly #investigate WH interactions w/ Russian intelligence during election. #flynngate
- .@SenatorBurr Investigate Russian involvement in the 2016 election, including Flynn & contact by individuals in Trump campaign. #Trumprussia
- .@SenatorBurr We need to know 2 impt answers. What did the President know? When did he know it? #investigatetrump #flynngate #Trumprussia
- .@SenatorBurr 3 Trump advisors (Manafort, Page & Flynn) have resigned b/c of Russian connections. How many more?