Our representatives are hearing from us a lot right now. And, they should – there is a lot happening across the country and in our state.
If you are feeling like a “negative Nancy” always calling to complain, we have a few suggestions for Acts of Gratitude from Jen Hofmann.
- Thank senator Susan Collins (R-ME) for voting against Scott Pruitt for EPA. Send a postcard to her address (here).
- Thank Kamala Harris (D-CA) for standing up for immigrants (source). Send a postcard to her address (here).
- Thank CNN host Don Lemon for having chutzpah to stop mid-interview and oppose fake news and lies (source).
- Send a note: Don Lemon, ℅CNN, 10 Columbus Circle, NY, NY 10019
- Call: 212-275-8030
- Thank Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) (email and address) and Rep. Katherine Clark (D-MA) (email and address)
Script: Thank you for introducing your Presidential Conflicts of Interest bill in the _Senate/House_. I’m grateful for your efforts. This president must do what’s best for the country, not what’s best for his businesses around the world. #shepersisted Name, State
- Thank Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) (address) and Rep. Stephanie Murphy (D-FL4) (address).
Script: Thank you for co-sponsoring bills to protect the National Security Council from political interference. Extreme partisans like Steve Bannon have no place on the NSC, so I’m grateful that you’ve taken a stand. Name, State, ZIP
For North Carolina focused gratitude, thank the NCAA and ACC for upholding equality rights in athletics. (source)
- @NCAA Thank you for upholding equality rights in North Carolina. #repealHB2
- @accmbb Thank you for upholding equality right in North Carolina. #repealHB2